SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taratune

I've lost my vision for this bathroom

taratune
16 years ago

Well I am back to the drawing board. My bathroom is going badly.

Maybe I am grasping at straws but I keep trying to think of ways to fix this mess.

The grout line along the mud floated wall edges taper. They are much smaller toward the floor. At about half way up to the top there is enough room for one of the little glass bricks to fit if they are tipped so they are longer up and down into a verticle position. How do you think it would look if a row of them was run along the top half of the edges and a bead board wainscot was run along the bottom half of the walls?

I would put tile wainscot in but it might not leave the 12 inches that is needed for my toliet. There is only a 12 1/8 inch space left and the way things are going I was afraid that it would be too big and the Kohler Bancroft toliet that I plan to use might not fit.

Or.....I guess I could run a quarter round of wood along the tile edge and connect it to a beadboard wainscot and then a run of trim (do they call it a shoe) along to the top about 6 inches from the ceiling.

I would run it to the ceiling but it is valted and slopes up toward the wall opposite the tub.

I guess another idea would be to put in a false ceiling that would be level instead of valted and run a nice wood trim all along the new ceiling edge. The new false ceiling would maybe have the benefit of enabling me to put in a ceiling light or two. I have no idea how difficult this would be or how expensive this would be to have done.

I am also worried about how this all might look. I have lost my vision for this bathroom. I was going to have a Bancroft toliet and pedastal sink put in and had picked out a tall dark coffee colored linen cabinet to go between the wall oposite the tub and the sink. It would have been a little tight. There is about 19 inches from the wall to where the edge of the 24" wide sink pedastal sink goes. The cabinet is 18" wide.

I was originally going for an old time metro look and that is why I chose the darker colored grout. I had envisioned the walls painted the same color as the grout. On the floor I was going to use those small octagonal white tiles with the same grout color.

I have a few pictures with a new orleans music theme that I was going to use.

I have bought a musical shower curtain with warm colors. You can see a picture of it at the Linens and Things web site. It is called symphony. I will paste in the web address so you can see a picture of it. I hope it works

http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2054110&cp&sr=1&origkw=symphony&kw=symphony&parentPage=search

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions. I am really floundering here.

I will try to post pictures later.....if you want to see some check out botched tile pictures in the bathroom forum.

Thanks,

Comment (1)