SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redheadeddaughter

Will all these fantastical bathroom/closet ideas fit in my space?

redheadeddaughter
10 years ago

So I bet no one has ever posted a worst drawing on the bathrooms forum. But seeing as I've been agonizing over it for 2 weeks and it's all I have, I'm going to risk it and hope someone has a miraculous solution. :)

We are building a new house and the master bathroom will be split: one section for my husband (much smaller, he is such a good sport!) and mine, which is a 15 x 16 ft space to allocate for a big closet, a good size vanity, storage, and a clawfoot tub. The fireplace is truly an extra that is fun to think about, but 1) I don't think is will fit and 2) I know it's an impractical expense.

The master bedroom is the the left and a hallway is in front leading to the chidlren's rooms. I'd really like the closet to be at least 7 x 16 to fit all my girly stuff, including the vanity and a dresser, etc. I imagine my daughter getting reading with me as she grows up in this space, as I did with my mom. Even at 7, she already does this and I so wished for more space and light. So windows in the sink area and makeup vanity area are a must. My vision has gotten so much worse with each pregnancy, and the natural light is wonderful. I don't care so much about natural light in the tub/shower area because I'm usually in there early in the morning or late at night, so it's dark anyway!

My question, after all that babbling: How can I arrange the bathroom portion in an 8 x 16 space with a vanity in the window and the rest in that long skinny space?

My attached picture is my attempt and I don't know if it will work. Any thoughts?

I'll post the designers (much cleaner) suggestion next, but it makes the closet much smaller... so I'm trying to come up with a better solution. ;)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz