SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lethargobuild

Long narrow living room with large fireplace

lethargo
12 years ago

Help! I'm really struggling with this layout! We're moving back into our first home, that we've been renting out for years. The room is longer than it is wide with a large fireplace opposite the front door entry. It's strange and I'm having a difficult time finding a focal point. There are pictures here of how we used to have the room situated, but we have new furniture- a longer couch and loveseat seat, plus a large square ottoman. The shelf that is next to the fireplace has been taken out and is just slightly larger than the loveseat.... I don't even know where to begin with this. TV over the fireplace? TV on wall next to fireplace? TV on wall to the right of the fireplace? The wall and corner that aren't shown has 2 doorways, one to a hall directly next to the fireplace, and the other directly right of the fireplace to a bedroom. AGH!!! Help!! Please... I'm losing my hair over here! :)

=

This pic is taken from the bedroom doorway, with a walkway to the hall behind the fireplace to the right...

This pic is taken from the front door-we're having it replaced. It currently is an left-hand inwardswing, but can be changed...

Comments (4)