SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dixieinmotorcity

Need help accessorizing LR (pics)

dixieinmotorcity
15 years ago

I'm in the process of redecorating my kitchen (eating area) and living room, and I need help accessorizing. We just painted this past winter. Replaced the living room carpet with hardwood floors, and bought new living room furniture this spring. Now I need to hang something on the walls and add other accessories to make it feel like home.

I have some ideas of my own that I want opinions of, and would love to hear new ideas as well.

1. First, is the wall in my kitchen.

I was thinking of doing a line of framed pics. These are frames I gathered from around the house. Are the sizes/colors okay? Or should I buy some larger frames as well. I'm going for the look of a stripe or border of picture frames. I may carry it over to the next wall with the sliding door eventually, but don't have the frames for that now. I saw this idea once while browsing online, but can't find the pic anymore.

2. Next, is the wall joining this in the living room.

I was thinking a large clock. I just bought this one today at kohl's.

Any other ideas? Or something to put with the clock? I want a clock here for practical purposes, but I'm flexible on the size and arrangement.

3. Behind the couch...

I want a shelf similar to this one... but I haven't found it yet.

4. Do I need anything on this wall by the door? Or would it get too cluttered? How about curtains on the bay window? Any suggestions there?

Any input, ideas, or opinions are appreciated. I want reassurance I'm doing the right thing before I spend money and put holes in the walls. A little bit of photoshop inspiration would be appreciated too.

TIA

Comments (5)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm