SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bcarr_gw

Help with room arrangement/accessorizing w/pics

bcarr
16 years ago

Hi! I could really use some help and fresh opinions on my living room. Last night I got frustrated and took everything down to start all over since it didn't feel right. I do still need a few more occasional tables to go next to the sofa/chair(s). I have several questions -

1. What should I put over the mantle? The mirror in the pic is obviously too small but I was keeping it out of the reach of little hands:-) I am having issues with the armoire and the fireplace both being potential focal points and also right next to each other. Is there any way that you can see to sort of make them come off as one unit?

2. Does the sofa have to be lined up (with the coffee table) in front of the armoire or fireplace or can it be in the middle? I really want a U-shaped seating arrangement (will need to buy another chair) but can't do this if the sofa needs to be moved to the right or left.

3. For the curtains - would two double wide panels at each end be enough or do I need to add a valance as well? There are two windows that are the same size separated but that small bit of wall that you can see in the pic.

4. Yay or nay on the fireplace screen in the last pic?

5. Darn, the rug is too small for the room, isn't it?

Hmmnnn...that's all I can think of right now. Thanks for any ideas that you might have. Oh, the pics are taken from my kitchen which is separated from the living room by a "pony wall".

">

">

">

">

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations