SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kwb1999_gw

Anyone want to help accessorize my mantel? :) (pics!)

kwb1999
13 years ago

Hi, wonderful decorating gurus!

I am decorating-challenged and would love some help accesorising our newly renovated fireplace mantel. I found this artwork for a good price and liked it, but I am worried that it doesn't go with our rug, which is more traditional and has more green in it--no orange. What are the "rules" for combining artwork and rugs? Could I get away with combining these too or are their colors and styles too different?

Also, what would you put with the artwork (either this one or something else)? I just threw some of the stuff I had up there to get a sense of scale. I know the lantern/owl/silver candlestick motif is weird, but I do dig the owls! Oh, and I'd like to keep the drapes and tan couches we have. Everything else (the side tables, etc.) is on its way out--soon, hopefully!

Anyway, I would welcome any guidance! The colors of the room are basically shades of blue and tan. I was hoping to bring in a little of the sage green that's in the rug, but I do kind of like the way the blue and orange in the artwork looks with the mantel.

Thanks so much for your help, and hope you all are having a good day!

Kate

P.S. I don't know how to put pics in the message body, so here is a URL that has pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43382855@N08/sets/72157624580069685

Comments (19)