SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robin2007_gw

Need help w/great room - decor + drapery PICS

robin2007
16 years ago

I am at a total loss. I feel like my great room resembles a doctors office. It looks/feels very sterile. My hubby likes to say that it looks like someone threw-up beige. Nice huh?

I like beige. I love the color of the walls, and I don't want to change them. The furniture is brand new, so it stays as well.

There is one annoyance with the furniture that I am kicking myself over. Here is a photo of the couch:

{{!gwi}}

I like the way it looks in that photo. However, if you turn over all of the pillows along the back, and the throw pillows, they have a black floral pattern on them that I don't like at all.

{{!gwi}}

The problem is created from the front door view of the room. You can see the patterned side of the pillows on the back of the loveseat:

{{!gwi}}

So, I guess that all of my decor will need to be able to incorporate that dreadful (IMO) design. I don't want to embrace the design and go with it. I want to try to ignore it. I don't really want to add much more black to the room. Our stair balusters are black and the fireplace is black. Our appliances are stainless steel with black. So I think that the black in the pillows will feel balanced....right? Or am I way off?

*I want the room to have a rich, warm, comfortable feeling to it, without being too overdone.

*I don't like plaid

*I keep leaning towards a chocolate brown color for the drapes. Is that too boring? And I'm afraid it will clash with the black on the pillows.

*What do I do for window treatments in the dining area? The same as the living room area?

Here are a few more shots of my room:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

1st and 3rd pictures look the most true to color to me.

Any ideas? :)

Comments (15)