SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jan_in_wisconsin

Help me Choose Draperies for my Great Room - Pics

jan_in_wisconsin
15 years ago

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since I've visited this forum, due to life circumstances, but I'm back and look forward to becoming more active again.

I'm still completely stumped about draperies for our great room. I was thinking about something with either a dark brown or black/gold color combination. The room has four connected windows, plus four singleton windows.

I like some panels by JCPenney (Chris Madden) or another set from Bed Bath and Beyond:

Madden by JCP:

Bed, Bath & Beyond (seemed to look better in person than in this photo):

Here are some pictures of the room (wall color= BM Wilmington Tan):

This picture shows the armoire for our television, which is staying, but the couch and loveseat will be going, as well as the end tables. Please ignore my crazy Christmas decorating:

The adjoining kitchen area has a lot of black painted items and a black valance:

Here are my questions:

If I go with something black and gold, can I still incorporate a deep brown in the room through furnishings, throw pillows, etc.? Can brown and black work together with the gold? I love how the black would tie the two rooms together, but I still love brown as well. The fireplace is brown. Remember, I am getting rid of our current furnishings, except for the armoire.

What about the pole situation? Can I do something like the JCP image with the smaller individual rods on the large connected windows, rather than one long pole, and if I do, then what about the rest of the windows in the room? I love the rings on the poles.

I have no idea if these panels would even work with the style of my home, so I am open to any other suggestions you may have. I prefer traditional/casual/vintage to modern styles. I am looking at the panels only - no valances.

I would love to hear your thoughts,

Jan

Comments (15)