SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellaflora_gw

please help with furniture arrangement for DD's room (pics)

bellaflora
14 years ago

I am stuck on the furniture placement for my Dd's room so hopefully I can get some help here. Her 6th BD is in Jan and I would like to finish this room off by then.

(1) Bed against wall in corner. This arrangement gives more space in center but DD wants a bed crown/canopy so I don't know if it would look okay w/ bed in corner.

window wall:

{{!gwi}}

left side wall:

{{!gwi}}

inspirational pics of same arrangement -- the bed crown can look like this, except her bed is bigger and closer to the wall

{{!gwi}}

(2) New arrangement: bed on left wall (where desk used to be). Desk & dresser flanking bed & the bookcase is moved to where the headboard used to be: this makes the room look more crowded but the canopy probably would look better in the center of wall instead of in corner.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

in this arrangement -- the bed would be somewhat like this w/ the desk next to it.

{{!gwi}}

I want to buy her a reading chair but don't know if plan 2 allows any room for a reading chair (the white chair is a stand-in until I figure this out) :-)

Thanks so much for all the help. I can't move on w/ the decorating part since I can't decide on the room arrangement. And as you can see, she takes it in her own hand and decorate the room herself w/ butterflies stickers & Pokemon posters LOL :-D I'm sending her out of town to her cousin's house for a week during January (christmas break) and hope to get everything done before she gets back! Any help is greatly appreciated :-D

(PS: I know the chandelier is too small but she loves it so I will keep it until I find another one she likes better).

Comments (24)