SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
babs711_gw

Have to choose b/w Bluestar & Thermador 36' ranges this weekend!

babs711
12 years ago

I also posted this on appliances forum but need quick help and value your opinion on this forum. I've officially pushed appliances to the last minute. I went to place my appliance order for our build today thinking I was ordering the gas Thermador Pro Harmony. The gas Bluestar was only available from one local kitchen place that became a pain to deal with so I had moved on and was happy with my choice and with the fact that I was saving some money on our appliance budget because of the slightly less cost and the free dishwasher or minimal $ upgrade to the top of the line Thermador (Bosch).

So what happens when I walk in to order my appliances today? There's a big Bluestar booklet right next to me laying on their counter with all the other books from the lines they carry. He said they just started carrying the line a week ago. I almost ordered appliances two weeks ago but didn't because other things came up.

Then I started wondering if it was fate or something silly like that. So my first option is now to go with the Thermador and pay $600 to upgrade to their top of the line Sapphire dishwasher (which are rebadged Bosches with really nice gliding racks) or $400 for the Sapphire right below it. This brings my totall appliances to $15802. The other option is to do the Bluestar and go with the Bosch 800 Plus (SHX7ER5UC). The top of the line Bosch would put me way way over budget. This option puts me at $16901 for my total appliances.

So I must make this decision at this very point. I'm now down to the wire. Is the BS worth the extra $1100? We were seriously trying to stay around $12000 for appliances but with everything we put in, it was impossible.

Other items:

Fridge: KA Kitchenaid CD with pro handles KFCP22EXMP

Micro: Sharp 24" drawer in island

Ref Drawers in island: Electrolux EI24RD65KS

Ice maker in bar: Electrolux EI15IM55GS with pump

I want even heating on the burners and a good simmer. I want my baking results to be consistent. Help me GW!!

Comments (19)