SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homebuyer23

Recs for 36" gas range or induction cooktop w/ 1 oven? on budget

homebuyer23
11 years ago

Can anyone recommend a good 36" gas range? I am open to all gas but think I'd prefer dual fuel. I've never owned a gas stove so I'm honestly not sure what to really look for.

Easier maintenance/easier to clean appeal to me, so I guess I want the sealed burners? Cost is a major concern, I need to try to stay below $6/7K, including a hood.

I'm not sure what to look for as far as BTUs I'd require, since Ive never used gas. I desire fast water boiling and being able to fit 3 large sized pots at same time.

In my price range on AJ Madison I've see Kitchen Aid and Electrolux and some other brands I've never heard of and many that don't give prices. There are so few reviews, and my GW searches lead to posts mostly from 2-3 years ago.

I'm still considering Induction as well and would love rec's for the best 36" induction cooktop/single wall oven combo. I don't have room for Double wall oven, so Id have to slide in an oven under my induction cooktop, which I believe limits me to an oven of the same brand as the cooktop, and I'm not sure if I want to do that, which brings me back to getting a gas range.

With a $6-7K budget should I go 1 piece gas (or dual fuel) range, or induction cooktop with single oven mounted below?

Thanks!

Comments (9)