SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
binsp

I stumped the guys at Benjamin Moore today

12 years ago

So I went in to get more Blue Seafoam and a sample of Opal Essence.

Walked out with those 2 plus Slip (master bedroom) and Dark Salmon (dining room sample).

When I asked one of the guys about something neutral that would work with Midnight Navy (living room) and Dark Salmon (dining), he was basically speechless and pointed me to the earthy (beautiful) Aura colors and said, "Any of those colors work together". And of course, to my eye, they do.

We're not going earthy this time around though. He said he's not used to having people wanting 2 vibrant/deep colors like the ones I've chosen. Then he called the owner over who said, "Oh, no. You're not asking me to tell you what to use to tie those colors together are you?"

I said yes and he started to laugh and say "I met your husband...I'm not giving you any advice!". Not that my husband is in intimidating, for pete's sakes.

So...I told him I was coming here to consult.

Am I crazy? Midnight Navy for our living room which is diagonally across from our dining room (Dark Salmon) separated by an open hallway.

I'm stumped with what to do with the hallway to make a transition that isn't completing jarring to each other or the turquoise family room.

midnight navy

dark salmon - a pic I found online of baby nursery

That dark salmon is somewhat scary but it's looking very much like the "candy" coral I'm looking for.

I know that turquoise & coral work together. I know that blue & orange work together.

I'm just really stumped with what to do with that hallway and frankly, what to do with the kitchen which opens to the family room. I'm leaning towards Silver Satin right now.

Anyway, when I get some paint samples up, I will most likely come running here. :)

Comments (12)