SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sochi

Help me brainstorm ideas: Come into my bedroom!

sochi
11 years ago

My master bath/bed renovation slowly moves along. Up next: I have to decide on my closet doors and my 'dressing/'make-up etc.' nook. Let's deal with the 'nook' first:

Here is rough (not to scale) layout of my new bedroom:

My 'dressing area' space is the area just above the bed. The space measures 7'4" (88") wide and around 38" deep. I will have a sink at the far right of this space, where you see the pipes in the pic below.Nothing you see in the nook currently will stay there - just filling space for the moment.

DH is horrified at the poor quality of my pics. Sorry, I will let him take decent ones on his camera soon.

I need to design what I want, and my brother-in-law (a cabinet maker) will make it for me. Unless I find something ready made I could purchase, but I doubt it.

My style is generally warm modern. I've chosen Farrow and Ball "Down Pipe" for the walls - very moody and incredibly awesome. I LOVE Down Pipe. The colour in the pictures really isn't terribly accurate.

Anyway, in terms of needs for the space, I need:

- 4-5 good sized drawers for clothing

- 1 shallow drawer for jewelry

- 1 or 2 drawers (at least one deep) for bathroom type supplies (har dryer, etc.)

- Lots of counter top

- A mirror on the back wall

I don't want the area to look like a bathroom, but a bedroom (having a sink in the bedroom is actually fairly common in the old houses in my neighbourhood). I'm thinking of using the Karbon for bathrooms, mounted on the bathroom wall side of the nook - very discrete (and TOTF of course). Storage for books and magazines somewhere would be a bonus too, but I don't want anything too heavy. My thought is to keep the upper area open, but I could do shelving there perhaps?

I've seen very few (if any) inspiration pictures for something like this. Any ideas?

A few other relevant pictures for context:

My wonderful new ceiling fan:

Here is a sneak peek at the bathroom - I still need a mirror, shower glass wall and Ipe (or Teak) flooring in the shower.

Comments (8)