SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lil_sister

Help should we take offer?

lil-sister
17 years ago

I need some help here. Our house has been on the market for 8 mos. and we finally got a written low ball offer-- we've been negoitating with this buyer for over a month. They've offered over 100K less than our asking price. Here's the problem--we have another interested buyer that brought a contractor through and wants to make an offer (they are from our town and want to remain here). The broker said they'd like to make an offer but it can't happen untill Dec. 15 when they find out a financial issue which would dictate how much they can offer (end of year bonus?) The broker indicated they would offer substantially more than these other folks. Not knowing if this is a sure thing has me sitting on edge trying to decide how to stall these other folks. They have been very difficult to deal with and am not sure they won't try to beat us up even more with a home inspection (our home is an antique and will need some work). Any advice you guys could give me would be appreciated and tired of the selling game. Thanks.

Comments (26)