SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
m_hansen90

Painting a dormer room. Please help.

m_hansen90
12 years ago

We recently rented a house that has an upstairs loft/attic that's been made into a bedroom/living area. My first idea was to paint the dormer walls themselves a shade of blue. Now, I am thinking that I should just paint the main wall for now, just to get a start without overwhelming myself. The wall itself is one where the two slanted walls meet. I want to paint it a kind of turquoise. It's a pretty color and better than just white. (The whole area is white.) I don't really have much furniture to put in the room at the moment. My thought was to find a color palette for this particular color and work from there. Since I don't really have anything to put in there, I should be able to find things like bedspreads and end tables to compliment the room. I guess my question here is: Should I paint this wall only, and should I use a lighter color turquoise or a deeper shade? Any feedback will be helpful to me. I've never really had my own area to paint, so I am new at this. Please help. Thanks.

This is the color I was thinking for the accent wall.

http://www.sherwin-williams.com/images/snippets/swatches/SW6794.gif

Comments (4)