SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dixiedix_gw

Should I Fire My REA?

dixiedix
16 years ago

I know the market's veryyyy slow, but I have gripes and perhaps it's just me being grouchy, so Id like your input. HomeÂs been listed for 5 weeks, no showings, no calls, no interest (Yes!!! I do know the marketÂs slow :) ItÂs a nice home in a nice established neighborhood, priced well.

I've asked my agent repeatedly about advertising and she says the listing will be in one of the upcoming homes magazines, evidently she missed a deadline for the previous month's issue - she also stated that the bulk of interest lately is online (!) Regardless, I've been adamant about it and have yet to see it anywhere on paper. I specifically mentioned the local papers, too. I want her to deluge the market with my home - visibility is important.

My agent didn't want to do an open house, but when pressed, did. Surprise, no one showed up. She said she advertised for the open house but suggested after the fact that I check the paper to see if it was there (ummm... isnÂt that her responsibility?)

I asked about a brochure box for the front, she stated that sheÂd prefer people call her. I agreed to that (sheÂs the pro, not me). Two days later, thereÂs a brochure box in my yard. *shrug*

Her lockbox has scraped some paint from my front door & I asked her 3 weeks ago to please place a rubber pad under the lockbox. She said she would - hasn't. (Minor, I know, but IÂm irked.)

I detest some of the pictures she's taken, especially of the exterior. I took some pix and emailed them to her - she said sheÂd change the photos - five days later and she still hasnÂt fixed it. Also, her master bedroom picture is horrid, (roomÂs painted a mauvy-pink called chinaberry which looks great but shows super-pink-make-me-gag on her online photo). I suggested just omitting the master bedroom photo and she remarked that if we left it out, folks would wonder whatÂs wrong with the room (bah! Some listings have NO interior pix!).So, I took a better shot of the master which reflects that itÂs not a putrid pink. The dining room has beautiful exposed wooden ceiling beams, her photo merely shows the table and hutch - I took a great shot that encompasses the room with the ceiling. I have a wooden play set in the backyard, she refused to take a picture of the backyard that shows the set since it isnÂt being sold with the home. Of course, where the set is located is the ideal place for a very flattering backyard picture. She relented by noting that the play set is negotiable (which is true) in the remarks blurb area. I appreciate such honesty, but isnÂt that what the disclosure is for? States what conveys and what doesnÂt?

Anyway, I just feel in this lousy market that sheÂs doing next to nothing to promote the property when aggressive marketing is called for. Please give me some advice - I fear I'm being overly critical of her.

Comments (17)