SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paulines_gw

Am I missing something...

paulines
15 years ago

or maybe I'm overthinking this whole thing.

A few months ago a re agent sent a letter to ho in our neighborhood, stating she had buyers looking for a home here. What the heck, I responded that our home would be going on the market shortly and we'd allow her to bring her buyers through prior to that. We agreed on 2.5%, specific to these buyers.

Fast forward. She showed up with her buyers and an agreement for me & dh to sign. I advised her that I would have my atty. review the agreement and return it to her - no problem. They took a tour of our home, stood outside chatting for a good 20 minutes or so and the buyers left. The re agent then came back to my door and asked me to return the agreement (unsigned) and I did.

A few days later I got feedback from her. The buyers wanted a 4 bedroom, our's is 3. They wanted a eat-in kitchen, we have a breakfast bar. She stated at that time she was sending me a revised agreement (the initial one wasn't on letterhead?). I stated to her, why bother - the agreement is a moot point, if your buyers aren't interested. She stated, that she's not ready to say that and asked us to sign and return the paper. She seems anxious to have the signed doc.

What's your take on this? Does it seem that the buyers may be interested or is she covering her bases (we have put a fsbo sign up - dh thinks the re agent is afraid her buyers will go behind her back maybe)?

Meanwhile I have another buyer who is coming back for a 2nd look - keep your fingers crossed for me please!

Comments (12)