SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mpp798

Buying in Tract Neighborhood

mpp798
16 years ago

Our daughter and her family live in a new KB Homes' subdivision in Cedar Park. (20 miles outside Austin) We are renting in Austin but I am at her house every day helping her with her twin babies. I will be caring for them at her house in two weeks when she goes back to work. We are now thinking of moving to her subdivision to be close by. However, all of the homes are basically the same with 5 or 6 models to choose from. In a few years when the twins are older, we want to sell and move into Austin. I am concerned about being able to sell the home when there are so many others with the same elevation and floor plan. So far only a couple have come on the market because the subdivision is so new. Do you think it is a bad idea to buy in a subdivision that only has one builder with cookie cutter homes if we want to sell in 5 years? We really want to be near our daughter and grandbabies to help when they are little. But we want to enjoy and live in Austin when they get older. Thank you for any advice.

Comments (10)