SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ojoy119

'love letters' how do buyers feel?

ojoy119
16 years ago

We finally got an offer! It was 18,000 lower than our just recently $12,000 reduced price, not offended but bummed. They were comparing our home to another in the neighborhood that is 500 sq.ft smaller and with less upgrades, ie hardwoods, surround sound, AC and much more. After much thought and number crunching we countered with a drop of $3,500. Our agent also suggested writing a love letter about our house. Not exactly sure what she wanted and being the eleventh hour, I wrote a quick note thanking them for their offer and the specific things that we loved about our house and what makes it a bigger value and why ours would also be better for resale if they moved later on in a better market. (The other house they are considering is friends of ours so we are familiar with the house but also felt uncomfortable campaigning too hard against it.) I also talked about the neighbors and how great our neighbors on either side of us were so helpful in watering our lawn. (We have been out of the house since MArch and are several states away.) I closed by saying I know it's a hard decision and wished them the best. Would this letter put a buyer off or possibly make them more interested if they are able to come up with $14,500 more?

Comments (17)