SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
china011

Location Problem Listing with Realtor.com

china011
16 years ago

Hello,

Our house is not showing in searches that are done for our city in either Yahoo or Realtor. The agent says he can't fix it. So I have zero visibility.

We live 4 houses away from the city line therefore our mailing address is for a much smaller rural town (due to post office locations/routes). The smaller town is 20 miles away from where we are. People who drive by our house try to find the listing but can't because they do not know to look in the rural town listing. Plus anyone who wants to live in the town, will see our house near the city and not be interested.

I can't sell the house if nobody knows it's there. People are looking for a house in the city area, and ours meets that criteria, just is they will never see it.

I asked the realtor to cross-reference us to the city by loading the lising and noting that mailing address is the town. He is refusing saying he can't do anything. Note that everyone thinks we are the city and the realtor would not have known we were not, had I not told him...

Rest of the problem is that this company markets mainly by the web...they don't even advertise houses in the free home buyers guide. He convinced us the web was the way everyone found houses - so I'm screwed if I can't fix it.

If we are marketing to the city, why couldn't the realtor list my house as in that area and then note in the description that the mailing address was the town? Will any other realtor even be able to fix this? What's your advise for fixing this situation - we want to sell so we can build.

Thanks!

Comments (10)