SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frugalmom2

Questions about realtor.com listing

frugalmom2
12 years ago

Hi! We just recently listed our house for sale in the Chicagoland area. I have two questions (for now) to you fine people (I apologize if these have already been addressed, I can't find them):

1. On realtor.com for each listing, there is a tab titled "Property History" and within this tab includes Sales History. Is there any way to have this information removed? I know that it is public record, but I don't like it being so easily accessible. We bought our home just a couple of years ago through an "unqualified sale" (term used for property tax purposes). We essentially bought from a relative, plus there's more to the story that is not important to the question. It is significanly less than our asking price yet should have no bearing on our asking price. Our realtor says she cannot remove it, but I want to double check with you all.

We're completely dumbfounded as to why the NAR would want this kind of information on listings and therefore is not only included, but also unremovable. Are we wrong to believe that sales history should have no bearing on price?

Maybe we should be taking this up with our taxing authority for making the information so readily available online to such entities as realtor.com?

2. Our house is on a dead end street. Our realtor won't mark us as being on a cul-de-sac because there isn't a turnabout. She has instead included in our description that we are located on a "private street" as a euphanism (sp?) for "dead end." Does this make sense? We're a little peeved that we can't include cul-de-sac as it is a searchable category. Thoughts?

Thanks for your time!

Comments (32)