SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arceneaux83

crap in the closet!!!

Arceneaux83
11 years ago

My wife and I are having our first home built and is 5 weeks from completion. Everything has been going great until last Tuesday. We always leave our house in time to get there when the workers are leaving or already gone to check the progress of the house. That day we missed them. As soon as we entered the house we where greeted with this weird smell. So we followed it up stairs into what will be our 14 year old daughters closet (who was with us along with our 3 other kids). There was a VREY fresh small pile of human feces, and we know it was human because they left the paper they used to wipe. I talked to my realtor about it the next morning and he promised me it would be cleaned up ASAP. The next day my wife and I went back without the kids, and not only was it still there but a even bigger pile was right beside it. Everyday as the smell was absorbed into the insulation I called my realtor about the cleanup. "WE ARE ON TOP OF IT!" He told us and promised me it would be gone by Friday(to me was still to long). Tuesday, a week later, the drywall has already been installed and it doesn't smell like a new construction home should. It was attempted to be cleaned and my 4 year old could have done a better job. It looked like they used a cardboard box flap to pick it up and poured a gallon of bleach on it to try and cover the smell. A stain is there and crap is still in the closet. I called today as my realtor is on vacation and raised hell. "I'm going to take care of it when i get back tomorrow." I'm fed up with it and i really don't know what to do. Please give me some advice. I would post pictures but due to the circumstance I won't.

Comments (24)