SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachel_parker4941

Got listing price for house in first 2 weeks thanks to this forum

Rachel Parker
15 years ago

We listed 2 weeks ago and got an offer for list price with no contingencies. Yeah! It is pretty unheard of around here to get list price. We were the 2nd highest price in the neighborhood too. It helped reading all the suggestions and info on this board.

We are building a new house which should be finished by the middle to end of September. We close on August 21 (current house) and rent back to the new owner until September 30.

The buyer is using an FHA mortgage so I hope that doesn't hold anything up and we have the inspection happening next week. Is an FHA mortgage pretty straight forward like a conventional? And how much is the standard cost for renting? We are paying $50 a day.

This is better than what I could imagine. Our last house took 3 months to sell and in the area there is an average 60 DOM. I said a lot of prayers, buried St Joseph, decluttered and cleaned constantly. We really concentrated on getting the house looking the best it could. I think looking at all the houses in the neighborhood for sale and seeing what will make your house stand out really helps. Good luck to all you sellers!!

Comments (11)