SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ajard

Help.. Problems with Custom Cabinets, what to do??

ajard
13 years ago

SO my kitchen was completed last summer in my home in NY.. this site was the best help ever.. Katieob was my inspiration.. but now I am running into issues... I am trying to resolve them without aggrevating my lawyer husband... any suggestions. I thnk anyone for taking the time to read this.

When my kitchen was being installed the CKD forgot to leave room for a drawer to open, she forgot that it needed to clear a 1.5 inch dishwasher handle. We realized this way into the process and my 2 inch thick marble was already cut the night before. They kitchen peoples resolution was to close up the drawer. My resolution was to buy a new dishwasher without a handle. My original DW was only 2 years old and had cost me $1200. So we bought a new Dw , it was about $1500 after delivery & installation. We owed our cabinet people $500... out of about $27,000 plus for cabinets and install. We didnt pay the last $500 since we felt they owed us a DW. They told me I will have no warranty on my cabinets if I dont pay them the last 500 and that the design error was " imagined" by me since they gave me the remedy to close up the drawer and not buy a new DW. At that time I called the manufacterer Mouser in Kentucky. they assured me I do have a warranty since they were paid in full upon delivery and not to worry.

So now I have a crack in the wood of an upper cabinet. The manufacturer came to look at and was willing to pay to repair it ( $150) and now they are saying as per my cabinet sales people I dont have a warranty till I pay them $750... I also have other terrible finishing issues caused by the installers shown in my attached photos.. my cabinets are not a year old.. they were installed last June. To fix all my issues from a cabinet repair service is $775

I am sooo upset... I can list numerous horror stories from the installers.. but I will save it for now.... FRUSTRATED!!!

Here are 4 of my 6 cabinet issues and the photos

1. The piece of wood rail under the dishwasher drawer panel had a white mouser sticker on it that was never removed that is now peeling and the wood was unfinished where it should have been finished

2. A crack on the wood in the upper cabinet to the right of the stove.

3. The hinge was not properly installed on drawer to the left of the stove and it rubbed against the base and scratched it, this happened right after install and I have just been living with it

4. The sink is and has always been unsightly with photos from time of install to prove

Any thoughts.... See attached photos

Comments (22)