SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
simoneb_gw

Kicking myself-- cabinet install problems. What to do?

simoneb
15 years ago

Part 2 of our cabinet install happened yesterday. I have 2 major issues. 1) One cabinet front and one side panel are chipped (off-white glazed). I told the owner and he said he would fix it. Looks the same. 2) We have 4 drawers. I gave him PULLS to put in. I went to get a cup of coffee, came back and the pulls were put in AND something that looks like a chrome thumb tack is nailed into the wood at the center point of the pulls (underneath, flat against the wood). I said, "What is this?" He said (Russian is his native language and his English is not great), "Part of design, no?" I said, "No, not part of the design." He said, "You no like?" I said, "No, I no like." But what can I do?

Here is where I kick myself. I owed them the rest of the $$ yesterday. I kept saying I didn't want to pay it because it wasn't done (it's 99% done + errors) and he said, OK, pay everything but 10% of what's left. And I did. Am I an idiot? I'm so mad. Had thumb tack dreams all night.

My husband hasn't seen it yet (we don't live in that apt yet since it was a gut re-do). He's going to look at lunch today. It looks good otherwise, but thumbtacks?????

Comments (13)