SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hykue

Just publicly kicking myself . . .

So, I never seem to find time to post, what with the farm and my husband going away to work and my being pregnant, and I don't read all that much here right now either (some day I'll be back full force). But I had to kick myself today, and just to make sure I remember the lesson, I want to do it publicly.

I ordered $85 worth of daylilies from Floral and Hardy this year, which is a lot of money for me to spend on flowers (about 1/3 of my total flower budget for the year, including seeds and irises). It took me months to figure out JUST which ones to order, and to get myself down below the $200 mark where I started out. It was painstaking and fun. When I ordered, I forgot to ask them to email me when they shipped my order. I have a PO Box in town, I only check it about once a week, because I only go into town about once a week. Last week I forgot my mail key. This week I went in on Sunday, when the post office isn't open. Yesterday I looked at my bank statement and was HORRIFIED to see that F&H had charged my credit card about two weeks ago. OH NO! My poor, poor daylilies! I went to town today and picked them up as soon as I could, but I think they've been there for 10 days. The poor things, I feel terrible for them AND for my pocketbook. I think the majority of them are going to make it (a testament to the quality of F&H's daylilies, perhaps?) but a few probably won't. I'm so mad at myself right now. Poor little boogers are soaking right now, I hope they all make it . . . and they would be justified to sulk for a few years by refusing to give me flowers.

Lesson learned. ALWAYS ask for a shipping confirmation email (or phone call, for that matter). Sigh.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH