SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeri

In Need of Education... :-)

jeri
16 years ago

IÂm not even sure how to post this  IÂm looking for educationÂ

Both DH and I have had terrible luck in the past. We both bought high and sold low  mostly due to divorce (we are second timers), illness (led to foreclosure), and just bad timing.

IÂm not blaming anyone  itÂs just that we are in what I think is a good position right now and I would like to take advantage of it. We would like to buy a home. Our income substantially increased over the last year so we are in very good shape financially (for once). ItÂs my limited understanding that we are in a buyers market. I would just like to learn how to make the "right" choices this time around.

DH already fell in love with a home that is selling short. ItÂs a very unusual (to me anyway) situation. We offered a good deal more than the asking price and heard nothing for the longest time. Then we heard the lender went under. ItÂs been about 2 months and I have no idea where things stand. IÂm really worried that DH will make emotional decisions and we could miss out on a rare opportunity to (for once) make a good investment.

So  I guess IÂm hoping you can help educate me on the "right" way to buy a home in a buyers market. Perhaps you could recommend a book? Or a web site?

Comments (19)