SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlr98004

Something between BM Wheeling Neutral and BM Powell Buff

dlr98004
13 years ago

Yikes! I am trying to save myself some work by picking out a paint color before the nutmeg stained cherry cabinets are installed. I've got a 20x30 kitchen/family room; hall and 10' vaulted ceiling to do - and I would love to get it done while there is nothing in the way. The floors are rift sawn red oak with natural swedish finish. Right now, the floors have a pretty peachy tone to them - but I have been told they will mellow out to be a bit more amber. We are thinking of a dark granite like uba tuba or something similarly dark.

Adjacent living room and dining room have ivory carpet and foyer has a montana ledgestone type floor. All in the warm gold/earthy tones. Stone is covered by masonite or I would post pictures (sorry). Baseboards throughout the house are Ultra Pure White.

I've got swatches of BM Manchester Tan (too pink); BM Wheeling Neutral (close but a tad too green?) and BM Powell Buff (close but a tad too gold?).

I guess we could steer clear of either and go with a really light whiteish color too - suggestions welcomed!

Any color suggestions in between the Wheeling and the Powell? I'm really getting tired of spending $4 for a little sample, but I guess it is better than spending $15 for a quart!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Diane

Comments (2)