SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loves2cook4six

Can I introduce myself? And tell me about yourselves, too

loves2cook4six
14 years ago

Hi All

I'm coming over from kitchens and the cooking forums looking for advice and help here.

We just finished remodelling our kitchen, OK over a year ago LOL, and I've just become a SAHM. Not my choice but hopefully when the economy turns around I'll find a better job.

With all the time at home now, I would love to get my house looking more like a magazine spread from Southern Living, but on a paupers budget. And to compound things we live in the Midwest and dh loves the look of Danish modern. (He secretly hopes to retire somewhere in Norway.) While I always have a vision in my head I am hopeless at executing it and the end result never looks quite right at least not to my eye so any critiquing is always welcome.

Right now I am working hard on decluttering and getting rid of the tons and tons of stuff that's accumulated, what with 4 kids and a mom all who are horrible packrats. I'm too scared to throw out anything in case it turns out to be the perfect free accessory kwim?

For now I plan on lurking and learning and asking questions every now and again. My first project will be a small on - to make my small mudroom/laundry room as functional and pretty as can be. My other project is to make a palm tree for my daughter's room now that I've done the painting and then finish it off with accessories etc. May I ask lots of questions?

Please tell me a little about yourselves as well.

Thanks and looking forward to joining this community as well

Comments (8)