SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klseiverd

please allow me to introduce myself!!

anoriginal
13 years ago

I'm new here... or maybe not... this could be a newer version of some other web site.

Anyway, my name is Karen and I'm in NJ. Like to cook/eat, dislike housework, and I'm relatively new to being a "cat person".

I like to "talk" to other people and sometimes pick their brains for ideas.

First topic I always post when new to a site is about cooking DISASTERS!?!

YEARS ago, my Dad decided Sunday dinner would be Beef Wellington. I was probably late teens and very comfortable in the kitchen. Dad was a SERIOUS beef man and probably saw it on TV back when Julia, Graham, and Jeff were about the only cooking shows available. Recipe seemed pretty straight forward... large, BIG $ hunka tenderloin, baked in pastry... how hard could it be?!? Have to admit it looked gorgeous going into the oven and even "gorgeouser" coming out! Problem was, you absolutely could NOT slice thru the crust!?! Picture younger brother LITERALLY rolling on the floor laughing... and Grandfather trying to tell me it was "fine". Luckily the meat was roasted perfectly to rare/medium, even if crust was totally inedible.

Another time, Dad wanted homemade won ton soup. Broth was fine, but what I thought were THIN pieces of dough were seriously chewy.

Working on trying to repair a recipe right now. Neighbor gave me a messo/mixa peppers from his garden... reds and bananas. Bought 2 jalapenos and decided to make pepper jelly. Kinda/sorta followed recipe. It absolutely did NOT jell?? Ended up with many jars of pepper "syrup". Someone/somewhere mentioned that you shouldn't double/triple recipes for pepper jelly? Well, I did and think the water content was a big factor in the non-jelly.

Hope to visit here often. Wanna share your food disasters?

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH