SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suddensam65

New here and need a little help

suddensam
14 years ago

Please allow me to introduce myself. Ive got 20 heirloom tomato plants growing in 45 gal containers. There setting on top of 3 ft high tables. They were seeded on 19 Sept and planted on 28 Oct. Right now there over 6 ft tall, I made a drip system for them right of the bat this year with 6 inchs of straw covering the pots.In the past I just bought plants from big box stores but the last 2 yrs all at once my plants start producing and just up and die within a week. Im hoping with me controling all aspects of the growing process I can stop the past problems. This is my first shot at ordering seeds off the internet and im hooked now. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. I do have a very serious problem with my peppers, bell and ceyanne, in 7 gal pots also growing on tables they are dropping there leaves and the peppers are rotting when there half grown. I can bring a little to the table as I used to farm a little in Ruskin, [grew upick fields] and ive never not not had a garden. Im growing on tables to try and dodge the bugs and diseases that we get here in south Fl. Anyhoo any help with the peppers and all replys will be appreciated. Merry christmas, Sam, Aggie, Pooh Bear, Fifi, and Radar

Comments (5)