SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onelady1dog2girls

Can you help me pick size of frame for wall space?

onelady1dog2girls
13 years ago

Hello all, I need your help:

I am going to purchase 6 frames all with the same 1" moulding.

The frames will be arranged as follows:

wall space 1 is 21 inches wide and will have one frame for a 5x7 photo, an 11 x 14 matte - so the outside dimensions I am thinking would be 13 x 16.

wall space 2 is 36 inches wide and will have two frames, each with a 5 x 7 photo, an 11 x 14 matte - so each outside dimension I am thinking would be 13 x 16

wall space 3 is 50 inches wide and will have two frames, each with a 5 x 7, an 11 x 14 matte - so each outside dimension I am thinking would be 13 x 16

wall space 4 is 32 x 32 inches of available space. This will house one frame for a 11 x 14 photo, a 4 inch matte and a one inch frame - so the outside dimensions I am thinking would be 21 x 24.

Do you think the outside dimensions of the frames are appropriate here? Walls 1 - 3 I would like all to have the same size frames (each will house 1 picture of a niece and I don't want one to get a bigger frame). I could perhaps go to an outside dimension of 14 x 17, but then wall 2 might be crowded/not enough wall space. However, going with a little bigger frame would prevent the picture on wall 3 from looking two small for the space.

As far as wall 4 goes, I am not sure if that is the right dimension for a rougly 32 x 32 inch space.

I need your objective eyes and insights. Thanks in advance for your time.

Comments (3)