SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taekcool

How to make an offer on a house whose AC is very noisy.

taekcool
10 years ago

The house is about 9 year old. I like most aspects of the house but the AC is significantly noisier than other houses' AC. I still want to make an offer.. but I don't want to pay for replacing AC or fixing the noise. How should I make the offer?

So as I was walking along the canal which is right behind this house's backyard, I noticed a very noisy AC sound and it was coming from that house. Comparing with other houses, the sound was much noisier as expected

The AC is right next to the Master's bathroom window which is facing one of the sides (not backyard). The bathroom is followed by a walking closet and then followed by the actual Master bedroom. Master bedroom window faces the backyard. So the AC is around the corner from the backyard, on the side of the house.

I am going to check in person tomorrow to see how much of that noise is heard inside the bedroom and bathroom.. but I have little hopes that it will be quite (the neighborhood is known for being quite and I like it that way)

Even if the noise is bad either in the master bedroom or/and in the backyard, should I still make an offer? Are there cheap ways to fix it? Should I include conditions in the offer such as replacing or fixing the AC unit?

Advises please. I am first time buyer..

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!