SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loveinthehouse_gw

I Sold My House Twice and This Deal Might Fall Through Too

LoveInTheHouse
12 years ago

I sold my house in the winter and two days before closing the deal fell through because the bank didn't like that it was a horse farm. Even though they knew that from the beginning. I lost the house I was trying to buy because I lost my buyer. I lost buyers who were interested in my house until they found out it was under contract. And many other inconveniences and costs. I sold my house again a few weeks ago. I waited until everything looked good before I started house hunting again. I'm moving to another state so this is a big project--very hard to get away because of work, children, animals. So I can't make trips willy nilly. We are in contract and I waited until my buyer's buyer, who doesn't have to sell a house to purchase my buyer's house, had HIS mortgage commitment, inspections passed, etc. THEN I went to the other state and found a house. I was bidding against another person. The main reason my offer was taken because my deal appeared to be a done deal. WELL... today my buyer told me his deal might collapse because his buyer found out he has to buy flood insurance because his property is ten inches inside a newly designated flood zone. His buyer is considering not moving forward because the flood insurance costs more money than he wants to spend and neither of them want to spend about ten grand to remedy the situation. My buyer's buyer has a contingency in his contract about this so he can get out of the deal legally. And here I am again, the second time in six months, maybe putting my house back on the market. Or maybe not because I am sick of it. I can't believe this is happening again. We were so careful, on top of everybody, clarifying and double checking every little thing. I'm sorry. I just had to vent.

Comments (23)