SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

My Kitchen For Sale. I'll throw in a house and 1+ acre too.

beekeeperswife
12 years ago

Well, Boo Hoo.

We are relocating. I knew it might happen. And now it is.

The house isn't going on the market until the end of September due to too many things going on and couple of projects (basement) that must be wrapped up in a hasty manner.

On the bright side, Better Homes & Gardens Budget Kitchens is coming soon to photograph it for a 2012 issue. That will be very exciting!!!

I suppose I will take this as an opportunity to "do it all again" but this time make some changes that I couldn't do with this project. I have learned so much since my reno from all of you. Thank you.

I really want a "proper kitchen", aka "Huge Kitchen". The kitchen is truly my favorite place to be in the house and I want to make sure in the next house it is a place for multiple cooks, people to hang out around an island, drink wine while there is cooking going on. I know, it's a fantasy, but it is one I can't get out of my head.

I am hoping that we can build a house. We have never done that, but I really want to try it. I have become too picky in what I like and what I don't like and to buy someone else's house and basically undo everything is like buying a house twice. Don't want to do that. Unless, financially, it is the right thing to do. I really pity the realtor who is assigned to us in the new location. You know I will be showing them photos of my kitchen in order to give them an idea...I think I will frighten them. "Here's my kitchen, I want this, but 3 times as big, more sinks, bigger stove, no island but rather a continent that seats a ton of people..."

So, you will be seeing me here to get help with floor plans, I'm sure. I never look at the "Help with my floor plan" posts, because quite frankly--I'm not very good at that! Although, I can pick out when a builder's plan is just wrong. But with your help I'm sure we will be able to get it "right".

Hopefully I won't have to be forcefully removed from my old kitchen. I can just see it now, I'll chain myself to my island.

Thanks again for everything gang.

Bee

Comments (23)