SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dldl_gw

Hardware Help; am I mixing in too many metals?

dldl
13 years ago

So I posted earlier that I've ordered emerald pearl granite, white cabinets with mostly glass uppers, stainless appliances sink and faucet. I thought I was going to go with black or oil rubbed bronze hardware. This weekend when I was ordering my granite I was shown some antique/weathered brass hardware and it actually looked really nice with the granite. My floor plan is very open and the hardware will be used not only in my kitchen, but on cabinets being built on one wall in my breakfast nook which will serve as a buffet, and also on cabinets being built above my wet bar in the family room. The family room has a ceiling fan with orb and antique brass, lamps are a weathered looking gold color, but the chandelier I just bought for my breakfast nook is very dark (almost black) orb.

I have brass throughout the house as the house was built in 1986. I thought about changing all those shiny doorknobs to antique brass as well (or orb).

Question is Is this just too many different finishes going on or is it okay to mix it up? I'm starting to feel like those expensive stainless appliances I've ordered are going to be the white elephant is the room.

Would appreciate any suggestions, opinions, pictures. Thanks

Diane

Comments (5)