SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rudebekia

House Research: Help with Deed History?

Rudebekia
14 years ago

I don't know who else to ask, so I'm hoping one of you might be able to help me interpret the deed history for my 1913 house. In 1964, after many years of a single family living in the house, the property was deeded four times in two months. In October, 1964 it was deeded by the original owner's family to a woman named Pearl Belliveau, a divorced woman in her 50s. One month later she deeded the property to another widow also in her 50s named Linda Leeder. The next day Linda Leeder deeded the property to yet another single woman in her 50s, Ruth Mulroy. And that same day, Ruth deed the property back to Linda Leeder and Linda's brother Harold. Linda and Harold then lived in the property until 1987.

I've done a lot of research and can find no connection between these women--they don't seem to be relatives. Why, especially, would the house be deeded from Linda, to Ruth for just one day, and then back to Linda and her brother? Why couldn't Linda just add her brother's name to the deed, if he entered the deal at the point? Thanks for any thoughts or speculations you can give me.

Comments (8)