SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cathy404593

should I add more bleach to get rid of green?

cathy404593
15 years ago

My 32K gallon inground saltwater pool had some leaks and was losing water fast, so I had to take the cover off to have the leak detection co. come out. They came out and repaired one hole in the liner, but said I had to get the silt off the bottom of the pool before they could come back to find any other leaks.

So I had to raise the water level and totally reopen the pool, and now it has rained and is green.

Since it is cold out, the swg of course does not function. Even if it did, there is not enough salt in the pool for it to work. Because of the leaks, I had to keep adding water under the cover to keep the vinyl liner from coming out.

I have added 16 gallons of chlorine bleach in the past day. It's now been 5 hours since I added the last 10 gallons (16 gallons total added).

Should I go buy more and add it or wait til tomorrow and see if it turns blue? It is still as green as ever. I wanted to get it blue asap because I need that leak company to come back out before it rains again. That way I can put the cover back on again.

Is 16 gallons enough? It seems like it should be turning blue by now. Also I added some stabilizer, not a lot, but what I had left from last year.

Comments (5)