SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cdworkin

Exterior color scheme help peeeeeeeeese!

cdworkin
14 years ago

We don't have any curb appeal and the house painter is prepping and priming as I type. He will start painting on Monday and I am freaking out about color even though I have known we were going to be painting for months. Exteriors are hard! Any and all help is appreciated.

Here is the unassuming front of the house:{{!gwi}}

Clearly we need to do something with our 'garden' if you could even call it that, but let's look past that into the house color, shall we? And don't even look at the front door and Brady Bunch sidelights. Someday I want to have it replaced. I guess someday may never come though so I should at least deal with it present day while the painter is here and ready to paint the damn thing.

Then the side down the driveway which is in desperate need of help as well, but I can't worry about that right now. Do I paint the siding a different color from the stucco?

{{!gwi}}

Then the back, son in my cowboy hat from back in the day when I wrangled.;) Don't you dare look under the deck, we will get to that someday.

{{!gwi}}

And now onto the deck, with my disheveled daughter saying 'CHEEEEEEEEESE!'

{{!gwi}}

I show you this last pic not only because she is ridiculously cute even when disheveled, but I ask that you notice the color of the sash in the window to the left. It is Evergreen from Marvin and it is staying. So all the sashes will be this green, the closest paint match I can find is Roycroft Bottle Green from Sherwin Williams.

So what color scheme do I go with? I like this, yellow walls, green trim with cream trim and a red door. But the door is so sunken you can hardly even see the color on it. And the doors in the rear are glass with cream colored trim.

I have 3 color to go samples from SW, golden fleece, restrained gold and mannered gold. Golden Fleece seems too pastel, so I got the other 2 for a more muted look.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH