SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

Our Neighborhood has a Problem!

For at least 3 days there have been two large dogs running loose and the one is very agressive. The most agressive is a German shepard and the other is a black lab. Twice two different neighbors have been trapped in their cars and can't leave. One incident happened Saturday night. They are a half mile from us. Those folks have a two year old little girl and a baby on the way. They were trapped and called our son in law by cell phone. He went right over with his gun and was able to scare the shepard away and the other dog ran under the porch. They called animal control and the man did come out with a snare on a pole, but since the dog was back under the porch and his pole was not long enough, he would not crawl under there to get it. The other incident was right next door. Those folks were in their garage and the dogs came in and they had to jump into their car to get away.

So they are still running loose in the neighborhood. They were right at our back door and in our yard this morning and were after our cats. I had my husband call animal control and they told him they have to have an address and they only have one man for the county. He told them well the dogs may not even be there by the time you get there!

I am afraid to even take Izzi out let alone be able to tie her out while I am in the room right near her now. Our little 95 year old neighbor is afraid to walk across the road to get her mail. I don't feel too safe walking to our mail box either. I think it is terrible that people let their dogs run loose like that. Who knows they may have been dumped. None of us recall seeing the dogs before. It doesn't really bother me if a dog is wandering and goes on its way, but these two are not that way, especially the one is agressive. I hope animal control does get them but I am afraid before they do anything one of the neighbors is going to shoot them. I hope no one gets dog bit!

Sue

Comments (10)