SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tammyinwv

Our new postal lady has a problem

14 years ago

I was going to say something else, but thought I would be nice. We have lived in our home for 32 plus years. Always had excellent mail service. Then this older woman took over a couple of years ago, and its downhill from there. We constantly get other peoples mail, and have to stick it back in the mailbox, or have even delivered local ones ourselves. We live in a very small rural community. I hadnt complained tho, cause I didnt want to get her in trouble. But a couple of days ago I had to go in an do so because I was missing two packages of seeds I ordered from ebay.They werent alot, but cost me $5-$6 each after shipping. I have been ordering small amounts off and on since last fall ( winter sowing addiction). One had a tracking number and shows it was delivered on the 3rd, the other didnt but was mailed out on the 26th. I got neither one. And here is the good part. Even tho i am recieving seeds fairly freq, the lady was in the back and heard me complain, and said she knew she had delivered that exact package to me on the 3rd. She did deliver a 1.5 foot long box around then, but no seeds. There is no way she could remember what she puts in my mailbox unless it was something unusual, and besides, its not a far fetched thought that if I am getting everyone else's mail, someone might be getting mine. The PO even admitted they have gotten several complaints on her. She mentioned about buying insurance, but when you buy an item for a few dollars ,I dont like to add to the expense. I guess I am out the money and the zinnia seeds. You would think what they charge for postage, we could have better service.

Tammy

Comments (20)

Sponsored