SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandywc_gw

problem with neighborhood cat beating my cat up

sandywc
11 years ago

I have 3 indoor only Ragdolls. My cats have always been indoor cats, so I know that's the only way to keep a cat safe. I've been feeding/sheltering a homeless cat (Blackie) for over a year and half, and I've gotten very attached to him. He was intact and kept getting into fights with a gray cat. After being severely beaten up, I took Blackie to vet, spent about $600 on antibiotics, care, vaccinations and blood tests. He tested positive for FIV, and vet said it would not be safe to bring him in with my healthy cats. He is also not adoptable because of FIV. But he has been nursed to health, is very happy, has heating pad, food and everything he could ask for, incl. my heart. So I had him neutered and he's been living my garage. He stays in my stucco walled yard and in garage at night. The same cat who has nearly killed him still comes and beats him up, sprays all over my porch. I just want Blackie to be safe. I'm putting cat door in garage for him. He's made a beautiful loving pet. Any ideas on how to get the other cat to just go away? I think he may not have an owner but he's mean.

Comments (8)