SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
c9pilot

Do those FSBO websites work?

c9pilot
16 years ago

Spinning off another posting, but I just don't see how those non-MLS FSBO websites can work - there are just too many of them.

I'm shopping for a condo here in the Tampa Bay area and (of course) using realtor.com and would like to see what the FSBO's are offering. But which one to check? Each one has maybe one condo in my range (price & specific location) and I just don't have the time & effort to run advanced searches on a zillion different FSBO websites.

Classified ads & craigslist are even harder because I'd have to call or email each one to see if they are in my section of town.

Zillow, love it or hate it, is the next most search-friendly website but it doesn't seem like anybody is using it to post FSBOs. (I did find one though, and it was very informative.) For the record, I only use Zillow because it's the easiest way to check the tax records to see how much the current owner paid for the condo - tells me how much wiggle room I might have if I place an offer.

So, background in place, how many of you know people who have actually gotten buyers (or even lookers) directly from the FSBO websites?

Comments (7)