SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellysas

fsbo or not to fsbo....do agents boycott?

ellysas
16 years ago

Posted by terriks (My Page) on Tue, Dec 18, 07 at 12:31

I don't get the complaints about the "boycotting" of FSBOs by agents. Sellers who FSBO have opted not to use an agent, so why should agents bother to show their homes when there are so many listed homes on the market? And yes, RE offices have office meetings and tour the new listings for their office, not every random house that is on the market. In my area it is generally accepted that buyers that want to see FSBOs will do so on their own, unless they have a buyer's agency agreement with an agent spelling out what the commission the buyers will pay when purchasing a FSBO. Most real estate agents are trying to make a living after all.

I thought i'd create a separate thread...

Because we (my husband and I) pay 2.5% commission to the buyer's agent which is clearly stated on the fsbo site...plus the amount of agents who called to bring us over to the "dark side" was huge! however i do understand your point-but if it is a small town with only so many homes...unless they just want to double end their own sales and show off what they listed to each other...what's that all about? why not actively pursue selling homes people are interested in? If there are three old homes wouldn't you show all three if they were suitable to the client? We had agents come to our door first asking if we would cooperate with them and we said of course 2.5 percent same as any other sale-we go thru our lawyer if there's an offer...no extra work for agent all win...

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living