SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashli_gw

Is getting 'Revenge' worth it? (long)

ashli
15 years ago

Here, I will call them Jill and Sam. We met them when we lived in town and were neighbors for 15 years before they moved 60 miles away. Jill doesn't like talking on the phone much, so we write letters and exchange emails. They have two grown children, both living in other states.

Sam was the quiet type but friendly and some thought "The nicest guy you'll ever meet."...

All that I really knew about him was that he was a good provider for his family.

Jill was/is a nice person. She dropped out of the 11th grade to marry and moved to another state. She's never worked outside her home, and seemed totally devoted to her family. Ten years ago, Sam was in a horrible automobile accident, and declared: Disabled. She "nursed" him for months until he was able to get a part-time job.

About three weeks ago, she wrote me a long letter...Sam has been accused by one of his female co-workers of sexual misconduct. He didn't deny it. She didn't say what he did and I never asked. The boss told him to never let that happen again. She wrote that they haven't had a sexual relationship in ten years or longer, but that was no excuse for his misconduct...and it brought up too many memories of the past when she was sure that he cheated on her, but because of the family, she kept quiet.

And Now, without giving him any hints, she's thinking, seriously about "throwing him out of the house."...

I'm telling her to wait...They own their home, but how would she pay the taxes?...She has health insurance only with the company Sam works for...How could she survive alone? Never heard her complaining about her health, but good health won't last forever. She has no savings' accounts.

She's 61 years old! and Sam is 65.

I don't see where she has anything to gain by "throwing him out of the house"...after all those years!?!

Okay, I guess I'm a coward...but if something like that happened to me...not sure...but, in her situation, money-wise... I suppose I would TRY to ignore it (?)...

I'm advising her to wait and really think and think again.

Am I wrong in suggesting that she wait? Jill did ask my opinion.

What are your opinions?

Comments (17)