SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pamcrews_gw

A Neighbor's Revenge.....

pamcrews
18 years ago

I, like so many that have previously posted here don't know if this is the appropriate forum to use concerning the "neighbors".....but here goes.....

We have neighbors that moved in next door about two months ago. We did the good neighbor greet and told them if they needed anything, don't be a stranger. We even offered the use of our rider lawn mower until they purchased one.

When their 80 pound dog started roaming our backyard and using our front yard as his bathroom as well as their cat in my gardens we tried to get their attention so we could let them know. (Leash law applies) When it became obvious over a period of a couple weeks we couldn't even get a "good neighbor" wave from them we finally called animal control. Once they were notified by animal control the problem didn't stop. So we called again.

Two days ago we came home to find that they planted nine Leyland Cypress along the property line, one is on the line and another is over the line on our side. On their side of the property they have approximately a 3 foot grass strip between the property line and their driveway......on our side...our front yard with flower beds. Needless to say there is very little room for these soon to be trees to grow and they will encroach into my flower beds. Talking to them is hopeless at this point. I've contacted the county and was told it's a civil problem, hire an attorney. We have our deed which clearing states our property lines. My thought is to put up some stakes with a line down the property and then 48 hours later remove the one plant on our side and sheer off (our side) the other that is on the line. I have already told them that when the plants begin to encroach we will cut back whatÂs on our side.

Anyone else ever been in this situation? At this point it's not about the plants and any action we take will surely make matters worse. HELP!

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor