SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homebodymom

bouncing around ideas- want to help?

homebodymom
13 years ago

My 13 yr old daughter has definite ideas on how she wants to redo her room this summer. I am more that happy to assist, but I am entering into unfamiliar territory!!!! My home is traditional with a bit of english country....

Here are her choices so far- she put this "board" together herself :) This decorating gene is surley in the blood

We have agreed on the bedding,lamps, and other non posted ideas- repainting her desk, her and her friends painting something decorative on 1 wall, art,etc. I am here to bounce some ideas around about the paint choices. She wanted to paint the entire room teal/peacock blue. I think the color is too much for her small room, so we have agreed to do the 1 wall with the bed on it the BM Caribbean Azure and the other 3 a light gray ( she likes BM Gray Sky).She has a very non descript bone carpet and an antique walnut chest of drawers that will stay. I have never used an accent wall before and am wondering if I am getting this right. Should we go with a darker gray, maybe a bluer gray? Any ideas, or input would be appreciated! I have always used warm colors in my home and the teals and grays are totally out of my comfort zone!

Thanks!

Comments (29)