SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Want to help me with shower ideas?

User
11 years ago

I'm planning a baby shower for my sister. She's having a boy and is decorating his room mainly with dinosaurs. This is the bedding but she'll be turing the bumper into wall art.

{{gwi:1524901}}

Wanting to stay clear of typical baby shower decor, I want to use dinosaurs as the shower theme along with white, light blue, and orange colors.

I'd love to have the shower at my house but I can't comfortably fit 30 some people and it will be winter so nothing outside. It will probably be at a recreation center or similar place. We're aiming for casual and inexpensive but I believe it can still look nice. I don't want it to look more like a boy's birthday party than a baby shower though.

Growing up my sister loved dinosaurs just as much as her Barbie's and kept most of them. I considered secretively confiscating them to use at the shower but believe I'll pass. I will say they much larger and nicer looking than anything I've seen in the stores today.

On the main food table I wanted to frame the baby's name and meaning. I like the look of the orange frame and drop cloth mat but would frame it in the portrait direction.

{{gwi:1524902}}

I also want to make a stacked picture frame holding ones of her maternity photos. I'm not sure what style I'm going to go with but I like these. Here's showing frames in the shower colors. I like the middle one but would make an odd number of stripes so the top and bottom would be the same.

{{gwi:1524903}}

Anyhow, I'm thinking of displaying those on easels and also doing some type of vignette with a dinosaur and a nest with an egg. The plastic dinosaurs look a wee bit menacing so maybe a fun stuffed dinosaur. I'd then make an egg in a proportionate size. I saw a neat tutorial making a paper mache egg with a balloon and painting it. I'd like to do something else to make the vignette say 'baby'. I wonder if it's possible to make a little diaper for the egg?

These cuties look friendly and happy!

{{gwi:1524904}}

{{gwi:1524905}}

Ok, I'm too tired to try and find different stuffed dinosaurs. I just realized they're pink and don't color coordinate. Of course, they could just be pink because they're the 'mommy' dinosaur. Yep, that's what I'm going with for now.

As a backdrop, I'd like to wrap a large board in colorful stripe fabric with a hanging banner that saying 'It's a boy' since I'm already using the name in a frame.

I'm stumped about the tables. I'm not sure how I want to do the combination of colors. I originally was thinking the blue tablecloths and orange plates but then considered white tablecloths. I'd like to keep orange as an accent. The food will be buffet style but I'd like to have the plates and napkins on the table so they'e not naked. I did consider making fabric or burlap silverware holders... maybe wrapping the napkins around the silverware and tying with a bow. Maybe no silverware on the tables!

I've wanted to make cake pops forever and like the idea of using them as individually wrapped favors with little tags. Making them into egg shapes would be fun but then they wouldn't be able to stand. I also thought about making dinosaur sugar cookies.

I love the look of these. I even like them in the white cupcake papers on the white plate.

{{gwi:1524906}}

I also like these.

{{gwi:1524907}}

I have no idea what to do for centerpieces. I thought about flowers but don't know what types or colors.

I love this idea and want to do something with it. They're hard boiled eggs with the outsides cracked and then dyed. This is what they look like when you peel the shell. I like the blues ones.

{{gwi:1524908}}

Thoughts and ideas? Thanks!

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH