SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
djrowell_gw

WANTED: help /ideas/exchange 'Bloomin' for Books'

djrowell
18 years ago

Hi!

I'm wondering if any one has any ideas for resources for CHEAP pots in which to force bulbs?

My children's school's fundraiser fell short by $8000. I'm helping to raise $2500 for our school library to make up for the library's budget cut.

I'm forcing hundreds of bulbs to be sold in late winter/early spring as "Bloomin' for Bulbs". My four kids are helping plant and keep watch. (What you help build, you help support!)

Any ideas where I can find INEXPENSIVE baskets/pots? Please let me know of any resources. Of course, if YOU want to donate any planting baskets, I won't stop you. Now, I don't know if Garden Web will let me post this one with that last comment.

Seriously, though, I'm an avid gardner. I've limited resources, but with what I have I can make it double. I want to show my kids and their classmates to take what they have (their gifts, you could say) and how to multiply it for the school.

Why, even the principal is getting excited about all the gardening! He spoke of putting in an organic garden. AND we already have volunteers-us for the tilling, etc.

Thank you for any leads.

Keeping the hands in the dirt.

Jeanne

Comments (3)