SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happy2bme_gw

Do I have to give a credit for repairs? Why not lower the price?

happy2bme
17 years ago

A few weeks back I had a contract on my house which fell through. When we were going back and forth about price and fixing things my realtor just said "We will give the buyers acredit after closing". Well, the deal fell through and the buyers realtor gave me a copy of the inspection report, so i have been having things fixed so when we get another contract these things won't be an issue. But i know once it is inspected again, some inspector will find something, I guess they have to if they are charging $775.00. So while I have been having things fixed I thought, wait a minute...why couldnt I have just lowered the price to the buyers instead of giving some of my proceeds from the sale to the buyer. If that sale had gone through why couldnt I have said I lower the price of the house so you have the money to fix what ever needs to be fixed, the realtors commision would have been less and I'd pay less in Doc stamps and the buyer would pay less at closing and the sale price here in florida dictates your property taxes? If this happens again, can i tell my realtor i want to lower the price to what the difference would be to fix what ever they find? Or is that a no, no? Just wondering?

Comments (10)